1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of water
grated mozzarella cheese
oregano and chilli flakes
julienne bell peppers
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add water slowly and knead till a soft dough forms. You can use a rolling pin if you like, but I just like to punch my dough out till I get the size and thickness I like. This dough should easily yield you a 10 inch pizza dough. This way the pizza looks rustic!
- I used a mix of wholewheat and plain flour because I like to think that I’m eating healthier, but you can use all plain flour too. I haven’t tried making an all wholewheat base yet, but you know it’ll be here if I do!
- Mix chilli flakes and oregano into your sauce and spread on the base. I went the lazy way and just used tomato ketchup. You should use marinara, but you know me. It tastes just fine though. I promise!
- Now I like my see my colourful vegetables and browned meatballs matted against the red and white saucy cheese layer, but you can do anything you want! This is your pizza, own it!
- Once your masterpiece has been assembled all you have to do is bake it. Bake your pizza at 200 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes. You crust should start to brown around the edges and the cheese should be lovely and melty.
This no yeast base might not work for a very thick pizza base. I like thin crust bases and that’s what I made. I will put up my recipe to a stove-top pizza base soon. The hunt for a thick crust yeast-free pizza crust continues!