I love lemons. I can have them in any form at any time of the day. I’m a lazy person and elaborate food is kept for leisure weekends only. So of course I had to whip up an easy to make lemon dessert! I’ve made individual key lime pies and I’ve made a bigger pie. You can serve it any way you want. These little guys are so easy to make and so delicious, no one will be able to tell you spent 15 minutes whipping these guys up. Try the recipe and do leave your comments below!
- 12 lemons
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 pack of Marie or Digestive biscuits
- 1 stick of melted butter
- To make the biscuit base – Put all your biscuits in a ziplock bag (or any polythene bag will do) and bash them into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. If you like some chunks of biscuit in the base instead of a fine powder like I do, bash them up that way! Alternatively, you can also use a food processor.
- Add in your butter into the crushed biscuits and mix till you get a wet sand texture.
- Press the butter biscuit mix into your mould and keep in the fridge to chill till you make your filling.
- Zest all your lemons in a bowl and juice them in another bowl. Keep aside.
- Into your can of condensed milk add in all the lemon juice and the zest. Reserve some of the zest to garnish.
- Once well combined, pour the filling into your mould with the chilled biscuit base, garnish with the remaining zest and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy chilled!