Ingredients for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- juice of 4 lemons (you can increase this if you like it lemony)
- half a stick of butter chopped into smaller cubes
- some fresh cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Traditionally a lemon butter sauce will also include some dry white wine, but I didn’t have any on hand so I went ahead and made it without the wine. The sauce still tasted absolutely divine!
Ingredients for the fish fillets
- 2 defrosted Basa/Sole fish fillets (salmon would be amazing with the sauce!)
- half a cup of plain flour (maida)
- some salt and pepper
- Chop up any vegetables of your preference and boil them. Once boiled you can sautee them with some butter and salt or skip this step. I suggest you don’t!
- In a deep dish mix the plain flour, salt and pepper till combined. Dredge your fish fillets in the flour mix and shallow fry in some oil. About 3-4 minutes on each side or till it turns a lovely honey brown.
- Take them off the heat and let them rest while you make your sauce. Always rest your meat or fish before you serve it because it allows it to soak up all those juices keeping it moist and flavourful.
- In a saucepan add in your lemon juice and wine if you’re using any along with the minced onions and garlic. Cook them for a minute on low heat and then add in your butter cubes one at a time allowing them to gently melt into the mix. Once you’ve combined all your butter in the mix take it off the heat. Let it cool for a minute and then add in your cream.
- Plate up your fillets, lather on the luxurious lemon butter sauce and serve with the sauteed vegetables.